<$BlogRSDURL$>

 

brandon williamscraig  

Others' Responses to Tragedy, Crisis, and Grief

"I wish there were words to comfort and fix, there just aren't any. Know that things are what they are for a reason - which is unknown. That is the mystery. If any of us had a crystal ball to see what lie ahead, I wonder if we would even be willing to proceed...perhaps that is the reason for mystery. In times like these, it would be comforting to have a crystal ball to see what good lies ahead - certainly, it must be closer than we think..."

"Like Job you have suffered much for reasons beyond the scope of comprehension. Thank you for sharing how it really is for you right now as you hold the loss of Aidan's physical presence with the challenges of your current world. Love"

"I am profoundly grateful to see the videos of Aidan. Thank you, thank you. Your latest chapter left me drenched in tears, outraged, astounded and finally, resolute."


Not asking for anything - just needing to write.
Really tired of writing stuff like this.
Even more tired of living it.
"Amen to that last sentiment...blessing on you."


"I'm so sorry to hear that! As usual... words, words, words... please tell me if I can help!"

"Sending you and Lisa some good energy. I know you weren't looking or asking for a reply, just wanted to show my support by acknowledging I read your email. And that you are being
heard. Blessings"

"Just wanted you to know that you and Lisa are both very present in my heart. Aidan has been on my mind a lot lately as well, knowing that his birthday was yesturday and the one year anniversary of his passing is just around the corner. I can't believe it's been a year since we celebrated his first birthday in the park. Please let me know if I can do anything to help given
Serenity's absence. If you need a truck for moving anything, you're more than welcome to mine.
I hope to see you on the mat this week."

"O Lord have mercy!

You must be working very close to the bone for these outrageous assaults on your consciousness to go on and on. You’ve threatened the Cosmic Devil, exposed The Lie Itself to be crucified so slowly.

On the Mat

the devil of inherited distortion to daily joust with

the devil of slander, misunderstanding and reputation assassination

the devil of rejection and isolation

the devil of financial need

the devils of death and grief and stealing of comfort and transportation

all of them assault you at once and at length, but the Breath of God and The Way of Peace use their momentum against them!

Nothing can separate you from your Center –neither death nor life, neither angels or demons, neither present nor future, nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You many be weary, weary, weary but you are not separated.

Think on the love that is yours

and laugh at the human condition. Do some serious laughing."





"I really am at a loss for words. However, I will say the following.
YOU AND LISA DON'T DESERVE ANY OF THIS!!!!
I really can't comprehend why terrible things happen to good people. The Creator and I have had some long conversations about these situations and I still don't understand!
I know that none of what I have written so far is of much comfort. Wish I had the power to go back in time and change past events for you and so many others. Praying that you get well soon and your stolen Serenity is returned soon with nothing missing."

i had a candle lit all yesterday and was sending good energy y'all's way. i got mixed up and thought that monday was aidan's birthday when it was sunday, but probably you could have used the prayers regardless. take care of yourselves!

Thank you for providing such a stunning example of fully realizing and dimensioning obstacles, losses and disappointments, instead of pretending they aren't there. That is most certainly the first step. Sometimes, for me, the second step is "How do I feel about how I feel (about my disappointment, loss, failure, obstacle)." And if this doesn't present a solution, in about thirty seconds, I ask "How do I feel about how I feel (about that disappointment)" and so forth. Eventually a solution usually comes forth, like Einstein presenting an apple. Thank you for writing from the heart.


The videos of Aidan are beautiful and precious. Of course there are no words to really express the beauty of them and of him. One thing that I think I believe (I guess my beliefs change daily/yearly/over lifetimes) is that everyone we encounter has something to teach us, if we listen with our hearts and learn. I know that Aidan has taught you and Lisa many things - this is so apparent. But, he must have been so much more "special" than we, as humans, can almost comprehend, because he must have been needed elsewhere urgently, to teach his lessons. You and Lisa have obviously been good "students" of little Aidan and have graduated his lessons of this earthly life. So empty are words, though, in the midst of greatness. Greatness both of blessing and of loss.


Labels: , ,

   | posted by Unknown @ 9/24/2007 12:46:00 PM

 

 

|
All original material here is Creative Commons License licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License. All material not originated by the author is used in accordance with acceptable use practices governing public domain, academic study, and not-for-profit cultural development and critique. Any concerns about privacy or copyrights may be addressed by emails directed to public at bdwc dot net.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • Click here for RSS Feed